Tuesday, January 18, 2011

pretty in pink

The look from Derek Lam's spring/summer 2011 collection caught my eye just about 5 minutes ago. I've always had a mini obsession with pink eyeshadow, because it brightens lighter eyes and is a feminine alternative to pink lips and cheeks. I love this specific look, because it's not a eyeful of pink, just a thick line on the upper lid. And the rest of the face is muted, highlighted with luminizer, a touch of blush, and matte nude lips. For the eyes, makeup artist Tom Pecheux used a coral-orange lip pencil and lipstick over beige eyeshadow. I would try this look at a party or a concert where it pays to stand out. If you don't think you're going to use the coral makeup every again, go cheap and just buy a coral or hot pink eyeliner that will go on smoother.
XXX source- style.com

5 comments:

  1. I often use a pink blusher as an eye shadow. I find the color suits me pretty good. (Not while using the same blusher as a blusher at the same time too, of course. Wouldn't want my mug to be all the same hue of pink). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty :))
    Love the shade of pink!
    stop by sometime, xx natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really thought pink eyeshadow would look as good as now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty look. Not sure if I can pull off a pink lid, but the makeup is perfect for spring!

    invasionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. this girl is simply GORGEOUS. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello darlings,
Thank you for leaving a quick comment. Much appreciated.

xx, Shannon