Saturday, January 8, 2011

ch-ch-changes

It actually feels like a new year, a clean slate. When personal changes occur in life, they often reflect upon your outward appearance. I'm all applied to college, single & officially ready to mingle, and enjoying the last half of my senior year. Same old same old isn't working for me anymore. And not to mention, a full head of blonde highlights every couple months is real expensive. I've seen this trend on various celebrities and it looks mad cute. But I think I'm ready to try it out for myself...


Ombre hair is the gradual fading of dark roots to lighter tips. While I hate to admit that my formerly white-blonde hair is turning a shade of dirty dishwater blonde, I might as well embrace it instead of covering it up. I like Whitney's style, with most of her locks blonde and only a few inches of her roots brown. This technique allows up to 6 months of hiatus from the salon chair. And when your usual haircut & highlight jobs are $150, the only maintenance needed are regular trims, which are cheap.

To be honest, highlights don't last long, especially when your hair grows fast like mine. I got new highlights the beginning of December, and already I have half an inch of dirty blonde roots- ewwww. I can't wait to get this done! I'm ready for something new, fresh & easy to manage. Along with everything else in my life, like dating. :)

XXX. source- google images

4 comments:

  1. i love her hairstyle ^^ and oh the ombre technis sounds cool ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very natural - and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ombre hair! I have just plain brown waves (toward to side of curls) but I've been feeling the same inclination towards change lately. Post if you go for it!

    Triple Thread

    ReplyDelete

Hello darlings,
Thank you for leaving a quick comment. Much appreciated.

xx, Shannon